Friday, July 16, 2010

the door and lock universe is against me

Have you ever seen the kids movie Monsters Inc? It's all about Monsters in the business of scaring kids through closet doors. They have warehouses full of doors and at the climax of the movie there are a lot of opening and closing of said doors. In order for one to be rendered useless, it must be shredded. Now, if I'd have been in that movie, cartoon or otherwise, they could just let me touch it and I would render it useless through my sheer ability to, well, render a door useless.
Why? Well, it's because I keep managing to lock myself, and many others, behind the doors of and inside sweltering apartments. Don't ask me how. I couldn't even begin to tell you. But the amount of sweat I've seen pouring off the men trying to fix my mistakes is enough to, well it's just enough. I am not sure what all these locked doors are supposed to tell me, but I am fairly certain it is along the lines of "be content with where you are cuz' you're gonna be here a while."

No comments:

Post a Comment